Monday 20 July 2009

musicology #403

Catharsis #1

(Lord Creator – Wasting Time)

LISTEN


Still struggling to find direction on themusicologist. It’s not inspiration that’s the problem, (music always delivers), or that I don’t have themes in mind maybe it’s a simple matter of the fallout from the metamorphosis that I am in the middle of. Want it straight?

My partner, (and mother of our children), has, after twenty years, called time on our relationship for the second, (and final), time in 12 months. Why am I laying this out here on themusicologist? ’cause it’s distracting, painful and needs exorcising and where better to get some therapy than here through the form that for me has always delivered catharsis.

Don’t worry though as I’m certainly not going to let the black cloud descend. Nietzsche once wrote, (in The Genealogy Of Morals)

“All instincts which do not find a vent outside oneself turn inwards” and that in a sentance sums up what themusicologist is for me…a vent for my instincts.

First up is a piece from Kendrick Patrick a.k.a Lord Creator who has already featured on themusicologist with his majestic 1968 cut Such Is Life. Produced by Vincent Chin and released on his Top Ranking Randy’s label in the first half of the 1960’s.

No comments: