Wednesday 15 July 2009

musicology #402

Sound&Fury #5

(Admiral Tibet – Time Is The Master)

LISTEN

Momentum…Focus….Discipline. I find them a constant challenge. Take your eye off either one for more than a breath and they try to slip away, (the bastards !) take themusicologist for example when the momentum slips the focus wavers and the discipline flies out the window making it difficult to get back on the right track.

‘So many things to do and so little time to do them in’ is a well worn cliche but fits me like a John Pearse tailored suit. Not that I’m complaining…I would much rather be busy than not it’s just that there are, (as we all know), only 24 hours in a day and it just isn’t enough for me to get the job done. So with that in mind allow me to lay this cut on you.

A slice of Jamaican ‘Steppers’ from themusicologist’s ROCKET BOX. One of my most cherished pieces of the shiny black stuff from One of my favourite Dancehall artists, Kenneth ‘Mr Reality’ Allen a.k.a Admiral Tibet whose consciousness and integrity are something to behold. Never have I heard the Admiral speak anything other than righteousness. An artist that, like Terry Callier, deserves our FULL support.

BOSS TUNE.

No comments: