Monday 18 August 2008

musicology #204

12AngryMen #1 (alternativesoundtrack #3)

(Bo Diddley - Before You Accuse Me, (Take A Look At Yourself)

LISTEN

I have enjoyed laying down the alternativesoundtracks so much that it will be a regular feature on themusicologist. this third instalment is another one of my favourite films, the classic 1957 film 12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet. I first saw this one back in the early 80's and have loved it ever since.

the opening slice of the musicology pie was released in the same year, (1957), as the film and is courtesy of the legendary Ellas Otha Bates, (McDaniel), better known as Bo Diddley, who passed away at the ripe old age of 80 on June 2nd of this year. I am proud to say that I had the honour of sharing a stage with the man about 25 years ago in deepest, darkest South East London where my cousin and I were invited on stage to 'throw some shapes'. A treasured memory.

Bo...this ones yours...thanks for the music and the memories...priceless.

No comments: