Sunday 10 August 2008

musicology #199

teachings of billionaire YenTzu #9

(Bobby Bland - Share Your Love With Me)

LISTEN

Seeing The Snake (raising awareness and concentration)

After twenty years in the service of a provincial overlord, a loyal soldier was rewarded. With enough money now to buy some acres of land, he was excited at being able to realise his dream of building his own home. For three whole months the soldier totally absorbed himself in preparing the land, clearing it of boulders and levelling the ground. He made sure that any wild bushes and neglected growth removed were replaced with trees and flowers. The work was long and hard but the soldier felt richly rewarded by thinking how pleasent his home would be.

While engrossed in what he was doing, a man came up to him and introduced himself as the land agent in the service of the local registrar.

‘What so,’ said the soldier taking the opportunity to rest, ‘How can I be of service to you. All is well I trust?’

‘I’m not sure,’ said the man looking puzzled. ‘Might I please enquire as to who has employed you on such obvious land improvement?’

‘I am now in the service of my own,’ replied the soldier proudly. ‘I am the owner of this land and I am preparing it for building.’

‘There seems to have been some mistake,’ said the land agent holding out some papers with some consternation. ‘This is not your land, i’m afraid. Your land comprises the acres actually adjoining this.’

‘Ah,’ sighed the soldier. ‘So despite my endeavours I have not done a single thing to improve my own property.’ And with that he immediately set to gathering his tools. The soldier took the mistake in good spirits and after making sure that he was on his own land, he once more earnestly set about making his dream come true.

No comments: