Thursday 1 January 2009

musicology #274

newyearboogie #2

(Johnny Otis Orchestra - Happy New Year Baby)

LISTEN

what can I say about 2008?..pure ‘hill and gully ride’ for me. Learnt a LOT, more than I would have thought possible. Ended on a real high..New Years Eve up on a rooftop in Spain with my son under the stars listening to Sidney Bechet swing out the old year in finest style. I could go on and on about how much this holiday means to me but I’ll just say that last night, especially, was one of the great moments in my life so far, (and there have been a few I am happy to say), that’s TWO top ranking holidays in 2008 that I will cherish for ever, thanks to the Cyprus cats for the previous one and the Fam for this one.. Weather here is glorious, company is first class and the soundtrack has been led by a diet of cuts from the early part of the 20th century most notably from the master, Brother Louis Armstrong while reading a very informative and well written book on his early life in New Orleans.

Today’s cut is courtesy of bandleader Johnny Otis and his Orchestra. Can’t add any more info at the moment like singers, date, label etc so i’ll leave it at that other than to say:

HAPPY NEW YEAR BABY….

No comments: